Our Water Damage Services in Sioux City, IA
We need water to survive, but it has potential to be hazardous in the wrong place. Issues like leaky appliances, defective plumbing, broken HVAC units or burst pipes can cause overflow that harms your home. Paul Davis Restoration executes professional, efficient water damage restoration on behalf of homeowners in the greater Sioux City area.
After taking on water damage, your property needs more than a simple vacuum to dry extra water. Surfaces like ceilings are usually more discolored and wet than they appear. Old water damage also endangers a home’s foundation and adds to mold proliferation in hidden corners. Overlooking water damage can be costly and time-consuming for homeowners. The Paul Davis Restoration cleanup technicians remedy these issues to ensure your home returns to a inhabitable state quickly.
We are famous in the Sioux City area as a high-quality and reasonably priced water damage restoration company. Since mold growth is often a side effect of water damage, you should go to our mold removal services page for help if you spot any growth in your home. Our professionals let our results be our proof when cleaning up leaks on your property. Sioux City residents can count on our professionals to eliminate water from your property in an hour or less.
Information about Water Damage
If you discover water damage in your basement, adhere to these precautions to guarantee safe restoration:
- Set up dehumidifiers by the flooded spot.
- Use two or more fans to allow air to circle and dry the area.
- Clean up as much water as possible.
- Loop drapes through a coat hanger and hang them on the drapery rod. This keeps curtains away from the wet area.
- Dry wet cushions and elevate furniture on wood blocks with foil beneath furniture base.
- Open all damp drawers to dry the woodwork and its contents.
- Move photos, paintings and art to a secure and dry location.
- Pull out and dry damp fabrics as soon as you can.
- Remove damp books from cases and separate pages as much as you can.
- Do not use a standard vacuum cleaner to soak up water.
- Abstain from using electrical appliances on wet carpet and floors.
- Never step in stationary water if the electricity is still on around it.
- Do not lift the carpet up because it can cause unseemly shrinkage.
- Do not procrastinate calling professional restoration. More damage will happen the longer you wait.
Get in Touch With Us
If burst pipes or another event has caused water damage in your home, don’t wait to take care of it. Call Paul Davis of Sioux City, IA today for a quote.