The Best Water Damage Solutions in Sioux City, IA
We need water to survive, but it has the possibility to be dangerous in the wrong place. Issues like faulty appliances, defective plumbing, inadequate HVAC units or burst pipes can cause overflow that damages your home. Paul Davis Restoration performs specialized, efficient water damage restoration on behalf of homeowners in the greater Sioux City area.
Once it’s undergone water damage, your property needs more than a standard vacuum to dry extra water. Surfaces like walls are often more stained and saturated than they appear. Old water damage also jeopardizes a home’s foundation and adds to mold spreading in hidden corners. Neglecting water damage can be expensive and time-consuming for homeowners. The Paul Davis Restoration cleanup technicians solve these issues to make sure that your home returns to a inhabitable state rapidly.
We are respected in the Sioux City area as a top-notch and reasonably priced water damage restoration company. Since mold growth is often a consequence of water damage, you should visit our mold removal services page for help if you spot any growth in your home. Our professionals let our results speak for themselves when handling leaks in your home. Sioux City residents can count on our professionals to remove water from your home in an hour or less.
If you find water damage in your basement, adhere to these safety measures to ensure safe restoration:
- Place dehumidifiers by the flooded spot.
- Use two or more fans to allow air to circle and dry the area.
- Clean up as much water as possible.
- Loop draperies through a coat hanger and place them on the drapery rod. This keeps curtains away from the wet area.
- Dry wet cushions and lift up furniture on wood blocks with foil underneath furniture base.
- Open all affected drawers to dry the woodwork and its contents.
- Store photos, paintings and other art in a protected and dry location.
- Pull out and dry damp fabrics as soon as you can.
- Remove wet books from cases and peel apart pages as much as you can.
- Never use a standard vacuum cleaner to soak up water.
- Avoid using electrical appliances on wet carpet and floors.
- Never step in stagnant water if the electricity is still on around it.
- Never lift the carpet up because it can cause unseemly shrinkage.
- Do not hesitate to call for professional restoration. More damage will occur the longer you wait.
Get in Touch With Us
Do you have water damage in your house? Don’t wait to call an expert. Call Paul Davis of Sioux City, IA today for a quote.