The Best Water Damage Services in Sioux City, IA
Water is essential, but it has the possibility to be devastating in the wrong place. Issues like leaky appliances, malfunctioning plumbing, inadequate HVAC units or cracked pipes can cause overflow that damages your home. Paul Davis Restoration executes high-quality, efficient water damage restoration to help homeowners in the greater Sioux City area.
After taking on water damage, your property requires more than a simple vacuum to dry extra water. Surfaces like walls are often more smudged and soaked than they appear. Pre-existing water damage also endangers a home’s foundation and increases mold spreading in hidden corners. Ignoring water damage can cost you time and money as a homeowner. The Paul Davis Restoration cleanup technicians remedy these problems to ensure your home returns to a habitable state quickly.
Paul Davis Restoration is respected in the Sioux City area as a superior and affordable water damage restoration company. Since mold growth is often a side effect of water damage, you should visit our mold removal services page for help if you spot any growth in your home. Our professionals let our results be our proof when handling leaks on your property. Sioux City residents can count on our professionals to eliminate water from your property in an hour or less.
If you notice water damage in your basement, adhere to these safety measures to ensure safe restoration:
- Set up dehumidifiers by the flooded spot.
- Use two or more fans to circulate the air and dry the area.
- Mop up as much water as possible.
- Loop draperies through a coat hanger and hang them on the drapery rod. This keeps curtains away from the wet area.
- Dry wet cushions and lift up furniture on wood blocks with foil beneath furniture base.
- Open all affected drawers to dry the woodwork and its contents.
- Move photos, paintings and art to a safe and dry location.
- Remove and dry damp fabrics as soon as you can.
- Remove damp books from cases and divide pages as much as you can.
- Never use a normal vacuum cleaner to soak up water.
- Avoid using electrical appliances on wet carpet and floors.
- Never step in stagnant water if the electricity is still on around it.
- Never pull up carpet because it can cause unseemly shrinkage.
- Do not wait to call for professional restoration. More damage will happen the longer you wait.
Get in Touch With Us
If burst pipes or another event has caused water damage in your home, don’t wait to handle it. Call Paul Davis of Sioux City, IA today for an estimate.